Many people think of visiting the chiropractor as just a chance to get their back popped. Or, they only schedule an appointment when they are in so much pain they can barely move.
However, did you know that making chiropractic care part of your lifestyle is a step toward proactively taking control of your health and peace of mind. At Lake Pointe Chiropractic & Wellness, we use chiropractic treatments to deliver a complete, comprehensive, and holistic plan for your body.
There are many chiropractic benefits to be had from professional and routine care, many of which may surprise you.
Here are some of them:
- Relieves/Eliminates Pain. Pain is not a lifestyle. Doctors often prescribe painkillers for patients with chronic back and neck pain. This only covers the problem and does not provide long-term lasting relief. A chiropractor uses treatment methods to reduce pain before resorting to drugs and surgery. A spinal adjustment often addresses pain in your knees, hips, and even headaches.
- Improves Posture. The way you carry yourself impacts your bodily functions. If your spine is not properly aligned, the way you sit, stand and carry yourself can exacerbate this issue. Regular visits to your chiropractor along with exercises to strengthen your core can help improve overall posture.
- Increases Brain Function. Studies show that chiropractic care can have a positive effect on the central nervous system. Improvements in balance and total brain activity often follow successful chiropractic treatment.
- Reduces Stress. We live in a non-stop busy world with hectic schedules. Most people fail to slow down long enough to listen to their body. Ignoring your body’s signals leads your nervous, skeletal and muscular systems to become unaligned. With your body balanced and in alignment, you can manage stress more effectively.
- Minimizes Symptoms of Certain Conditions. For patients that suffer from conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, sciatica, and carpal tunnel syndrome, chiropractic care can have a positive impact.
- Enhances Your Mood. One of the main benefits of chiropractic care is to balance your body’s chemistry. With proper treatment, your mood and focus will improve. Patients diagnosed with a chemical imbalance can also see positive results.
- Benefits Children. Adults and senior citizens are not the only ones who benefit from routine chiropractic treatments. Correcting spinal alignment in children can improve their overall health. Chiropractic care can play a large role in the successful treatment of children’s issues such as upper respiratory infection, neck pain, and acute earache. ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) may also be treatable with a chiropractor’s help.
Contact us to create your own personalized chiropractic program to best fit your health needs. Lake Pointe Chiropractic & Wellness will develop a series of treatments just for you.