Have you paid attention to your posture today? Did you know that a correct posture helps keep your spine and joints in correct alignment, reduces stress on your nerve system and also helps your body work more efficiently. We’re sure you’re paying attention to your posture now!
Here are some helpful tips to for improved standing, sitting and sleeping posture to keep your body healthy:
- Stand straight with your shoulders pulled back and your stomach tucked in
- Raise hand-held devices up to eye level while looking at them.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart, and your weight should be primarily on the balls of your feet
- Sit with feet flat on the floor; use a foot rest if the feet do not reach the ground
- Sit firmly against the back of your chair with your lower back supported
- Avoid sitting in one place for more than 20 minutes without getting up to stretch
- When using electronics, bring the devices up to eye level to avoid tech neck
- If you sleep on your back, use a pillow under your neck and a pillow under your knees to keep your body in alignment
- If you sleep on your side, use a pillow between your knees to keep them in line with your hips
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach, it compresses your organs
Common posture problems include putting weight all on one leg, sitting at the edge of a chair and bending your head to read hand-held devices. If you or someone you know has one of these problems, please contact us at (770) 974-5215 or by filling out our contact form here.
Brought to you by Georgia Chiropractic Association Member Lake Pointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center.